Institute of Governance, Development and International Studies (IGDIS)
The Chittagong Independent University (CIU) established a non- teaching research institute to conduct research, training programs, short term certificate programs for the professional, non-professional and academic personnel in the areas of Governance, Development and International Studies since 2017.
- Research - To conduct research in the areas of local and national governance in Bangladesh; development issues at local, national, regional, and international level and the contemporary international affairs.
- Policy Prescriptions - To prescribe policy to the local and national governments, to corporate houses, and to the regional and international organizations in the above noted areas.
- Training - To impart training to various national, regional and local government leaders, officials, NGO workers, officials of academic organization's and corporate officials.
- To identify problems and issues in the areas of governance (public/ private/ corporate), environmental, economic, international relations, legal and policy matters;
- To conduct qualitative and quantitative research on the above mentioned areas;
- To organize seminars, workshops, interactive dialogue, colloquium about local, national, regional and international issues;
- To publish occasional papers, research based books and journals;
- To provide research fellowship to graduate students to conduct research.
- To design and offer training and short term certificate programs.
IGDIS has established collaboration with Seoul National University Asia Center (SNUAC), South Korea
The collaboration aims at:
- Encouraging exchanges and visits for faculty members, researchers, and post-graduate fellows.
- Organizing joint conference and research activities.
- Enhancing network for future potential research collaborations.
To introduce Masters Program in Governance, Development Studies and International Affairs.
- Fresh graduates with masters in any discipline interested in pursuing careers in national and international public services;
- NGO executives;
- Local and National govt. officers;
- Corporate Executives of Multi-national and Regional Organizations.