Welcome to Chittagong Independent University– also known by its acronym CIU. The University was started its journey in 1999 on the first private university as an additional campus of Independent University Bangladesh (IUB) at Chittagong. CIU is committed to prepare its students as able professionals --- creative, committed, liberal, alive to their environment and capable to contribute to the country’s advancement as well as achieve their goals in a rapidly changing economic and civic environment. CIU is known among its students and graduates for providing a good mix of study and social life. A host of activities - including sport, clubs, societies, employment services, accommodation, student services, scholarships, teaching, learning, research - contribute to the total CIU experience
There are three academic semesters namely, Autumn, Spring and Summer.
- The admission procedure for Autumn (the beginning of the academic year) starts within the first week of July and ends with the commencement of classes in the second / third week of August.
- The admission procedure for Spring starts within the first week of December and ends with the commencement of classes in the third week of January.
- The Admission Test for Summer takes place in the first week of May and ends with the commencement of classes in the second week of June.
- Upcoming Semester Calendar.
- HSC and SSC pass certificates with minimum CGPA of 3.00 in both (for offspring of Freedom Fighters a total of GPA of 5.00 in SSC & HSC)
- Engineering Students must have Math and Physics in their H.S.C.
- 'O' Level in 5(Five) subjects and 'A' Level in 2(Two) subjects with minimum 'B' Grade in four subjects and 'C' Grade in three subjects
- International Baccalaureate
- High School Diploma
- Others 12 years equivalent degree must have the equal schema from the education board
- 3 years Bachelor Degree from a reputed university and at least 1 year of work experience in a managerial/executive position or 4 years Bachelor Degree from a reputed university. Some work experience after graduation in a managerial/executive position is preferable
- CGPA of at least 2.50 at undergraduate or graduate level with no 3rd Division/ Class in any previous public examination.
- Acceptable score in the CIU Admission Test OR Score of 500+in GMAT
Exemption from Admission Test for the students with
- Minimum SAT-1 score of 1550
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- IELTS score of 5.5